2018 Makita XRU11Z
Call for Price
18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless String Trimmer, Tool Only
Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer (model XRU11Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, this cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It's compatible with Makita's fast-charging 18V LXT® batteries, and features an efficient Makita BL™ brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
The efficient brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting. The XRU11Z is equipped with Automatic Torque Drive Technology, which automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on the density of the application. There are three speed options (4,000/5,000/6,000 RPM), allowing users to match the speed to the application. On the high setting, users will get up to 40 minutes under load while using an 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (sold separately). Additional features include a full 11-3/4" cutting swath, an easy-loading bump-and-feed trimmer head, and reverse rotation that allows users to quickly clear the head of entangled grass and weeds. The XRU11Z accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles.
The XRU11Z features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Cutting Capacity (diameter): 11-3/4 in.
- No Load Speed (2 spd): 4,000/6,000 RPM
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 70-1/2 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 7.4 lb.
- Shaft Type: Straight
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 12.8 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-835800
- Up to 40 minutes of run time with 5.0Ah battery under load on the high setting (battery not included)
- BL™ Brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on density of application
- 3-speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
- 11-3/4" cutting swath for user convenience
- Accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles for more convenience
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Reverse rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
- L.E.D. battery indicator monitors battery charge status
- Overheat warning system turns on indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize the battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger not included)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger not included)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery not included)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head, M8 X 1.25 LH (198386-5)
- (1) Shoulder Strap (125516-5)
- (1) Goggles (195246-2)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783217-7)
- (1) Hex Wrench (783202-0)
- (1) Accessory Bag (831304-7)
- Engine Type
- Cutting Width
- 11-3/4 in.
- 7.4 lb.