2018 Makita XCU04Z
Call for Price
18V X2 (36V) LXT® Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless 16" Chain Saw, Tool Only
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 16" Chain Saw (model XCU04Z, tool only). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XCU04Z is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. It's powered by two 18V LXT® batteries (sold separately) for maximum power, speed and run-time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The XCU04Z has a 16" guide bar and the Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct drive system motor with variable speed delivers 0-3,940 FPM for increased cutting speed. It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include a "tool-less" chain adjustments, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Guide Bar Length: 16 in.
- Chain Speed: 3,940 FPM
- Chain Pitch: 3/8 in.
- Chain Gauge: .043 in.
- Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 32-1/4 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 11.8 lb.
- Shipping Weight: 11.7 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-852135
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power efficiency equivalent to a 32cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger (0-3,940 FPM) for easy operation
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off when operation is delayed for extended battery life
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform (batteries not included)
- Front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged
- 16" guide bar for increased capacity
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- "Tool-less" chain adjustment for convenient operation and maintenance
- Weighs only 11.5 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- L.E.D. battery indicators show charge level for each 18V LXT® battery
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger not included)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger not included)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger not included)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Batteries and charger not included
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 16" Guide Bar 3/8"-.043"
- (1) Chain
- (1) Guide Bar Cover
- 11.8 lb.
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in.