Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Makita XRU02Z
18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless String Trimmer, Tool Only
The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer (XRU02Z, tool only) is a versatile solution for landscape cutting and trimming, but without gasoline or a cord.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XRU02Z delivers 7,800 RPM and up to 45 minutes of run time on a single charge of the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 3.0Ah battery (sold separately). It has several advantages over gas powered trimmers: the XRU02Z has zero emissions and reduced maintenance, with no need for gas or oil. For users, the tool is always ready to use: simply load a fully-charged 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery and get to work. Versatility features include a telescoping shaft to adjust the length of the tool, a 180-degree rotating head with 5 adjustable positions, an adjustable loop handle, and more. It weighs only 6.4 lbs. with battery (sold separately).
- Cutting Capacity (diameter): 10-1/4 in.
- No Load Speed: 7,800 RPM
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 56-1/2 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 6.4 lb.
- Shaft Type: Telescoping
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-675550
- Up to 60 minutes of run time under no load using 5.0Ah battery BL1850B (battery not included)
- Telescoping shaft (48-1/2" to 56-1/2" ) for optimum cutting position
- Makita-built motor delivers 7,800 RPM for faster cutting
- Adjustable 5-position pivoting head for cutting angle adjustment when trimming in tight spaces
- 180º rotating head allows the trimmer to convert to edger; 10-1/4" cutting width
- Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Adjustable loop handle for convenient operation
- Spool assembly is easy to attach and rewind with improved reinforced metal bump-feed button
- Battery capacity warning system turns on indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop motor to notify user when it is time to recharge the battery (battery and charger sold separately)
- Built-in lock-off lever for operator convenience
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head (195858-1)
- Engine Type
- Cutting Width
- 10-1/4 in.
- 6.4 lb.