Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Makita XHU02M1
18V LXT® Lithium‑Ion Cordless 22" Hedge Trimmer Kit (4.0Ah)
Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer (model XHU02M1). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XHU02M1 is a welcome solution for trimming applications.
The XHU02M1 has a Makita-built motor that delivers 1,350 SPM and a 22 inch blade for increased cutting capacity. The XHU02M1 will run up to 120 minutes on the low setting on a single charge using an 18V LXT® 4.0Ah battery. Cordless technology also means lower noise, and at only 87 dB(A) the XHU02Z is 25% quieter than other cordless hedge trimmers.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Blade Length: 22 in.
- Strokes Per Minute: 1,350 SPM
- Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Overall Length: 38 in.
- Net Weight (with battery): 7.4 lb.
- Power Type: Cordless
- Shipping Weight: 12.8 lb.
- UPC Code: 088381-840347
- Up to 120 Minutes of Run Time Under No Load Using 4.0Ah Battery BL1840B on Lowest Setting
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,350 SPM for increased cutting speed
- 22" blade provides increased cutting capacity
- Anti-vibration design (five cushions within the motor housing) helps minimize vibration
- Battery capacity warning system; motor stops and light goes on indicating battery needs recharging
- Lower noise level at only 87 dB(A) for operator comfort
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 38" long
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- 2-handed operation; motor is activated only when the switch and top handle are engaged
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Quick blade changes; no need to disassemble the housing
- Electric brake for increased productivity
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B reaches a full charge in 40 minutes or less
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) 18V LXT® 22" Hedge Trimmer (XHU02Z)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL1840B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
- (1) Blade Cover
- Cutting Length
- 22 in.
- 7.4 lb.